Job Title: VFC Network Freelancers - Subtitlists and Translators
Job Type: Freelance / Part-Time (Work from home opportunity)
Please note that we are seeking only applicants currently residing in India (with preference given to those based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu or Bangalore, Karnataka)
Application Deadline: Applications accepted on ongoing basis
Viewfinder Film Consulting (VFC) offers comprehensive consulting services for South Asian filmmakers interested in sending their films to international festivals, gaining better access to foreign markets and capturing the attention of investors for their new film projects. VFC also manages a network of highly efficient freelancers to offer subtitling and translation for films and scripts of various Indian languages at affordable rates for shorts and features.
Founded by Canadian management professional and Indian film programmer and critic, Dilani Rabindran, VFC primarily focuses on taking South Indian language films (Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu) around the world. Dilani runs VFC from her home of Toronto, Canada and is supported by a small but stellar team situated in Chennai and Bangalore, including a brilliant non-profit advisory board of award winning filmmakers. Driven by a passion to share quality South Asian cinema with the world, Viewfinder Film Consulting helps films find their focus.
VFC NETWORK FREELANCERS
VFC is looking for new members to join the VFC Network of freelance English subtitlists and translators who are fluent in one or more of Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and/or Kannada. Freelancers report to the Coordinator of VFC Language Services and Managing Director.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and fluency in at least one of the languages: Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu
- Passion for Indian cinema! An interest in and appreciation for Indian independent and commercial films (Tamil, Malayalam & Hindi language primarily), film critique, entertainment media, grassroots film publicity, Indian music and pop culture
- Previous experience in subtitling and translation is an asset
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong understanding and respect of confidentiality rules, as the role will entail working on films pre-release
- High computer proficiency
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
HOW TO APPLY
Think you’d be a good addition to the VFC network? If so send your resume to email@example.com and we will get back to you about further application and testing steps.